House, 20 Ewing Blyth Drive
This house (originally named "Sunnyside") appears to have been constructed in c. 1920 for Robert Lewis.
( Occupied By mr H. R. French Manager Fords' Geelong In the 1930's)
The double storey, horizontal weatherboard, interwar Californian Bungalow house is characterised by a dominant gable roof form with projecting minor gables, and skillion return verandah to the north and east. An early, tall, unpainted brick and corbelled chimney adorns the roofline. Wide overhangs and exposed rafters are features of the eaves. Early decorative features of the design include the gable brackets and gable infill (ventilator, panelling and battening).
Back to Map