Former Boat Sheds, 10 Ewing Blyth Drive
The two former boat sheds comprising this house were constructed in c.1913 to a standard design developed for the Geelong Harbour Trust by A.T. Macilam?, engineer. This appears to have been the second standard design developed for the Geelong Harbour Trust, for the architects Seeley and King had provided the Trust with a design in 1905 (as depicted in former boat shed at 11 Flinders Parade). Miss Lydia Millett's two boat sheds numbering 14 and 15 on the Barwon River foreshore - previously used for beach recreation - appear to have been relocated to this site in 1936-37 and incorporated into the construction of this house.
The single storey, horizontal weatherboard Late Federation styled former boat shed is characterised by two projecting gable roof forms which are linked by a recessed gable that traverses the site. A feature of the design is the front gable porches of the former boat sheds. They are each supported by four early worked timber posts with the southern porch having original worked timber brackets. The flying gable of vertical timber fretwork on both porches are original design elements.
Back to Map